Saturday, September 14, 2013

I'm Not Really a "Girly Girl"

I'm not what you would call a girly, "foo-foo" girl....at all. I have pretty long hair (thanks to my sister in law--the best hairstylist, I have ever had) and I wear dresses (that's just because it's easier being that I'm in a wheelchair), yes. But that is the extent of it. I don't wear make-up. And I probably have only worn it MAYBE 20 times in my whole life. And I don't wear jewelry often, if at all. 

I cuss like a sailor daily. I'm quite crude actually. And I am not apologetic for it. I can belch as loudly as any man too. It's kind of a trademark. I've been doing that as a kid. My BFF and I use to compete with each other in belching contests---at lunch---in school to see who had the longest and loudest burp. We usually tied. :-) I'm not ashamed of that either. Sure, I have manners and I CAN act like a civilized, refined lady. But why should I when I'm just hanging out with my friends or in the comforts of my own home?

I blame it on growing up with 2 older brothers and always being surrounded by their guy friends. I don't like chick flicks. Sure, there's the occasional Nick Sparks movie that I love to watch. But, beyond that, I haven't seen very many chick flicks in my day. But show me a horror, suspense or action flick and I am so THERE!! I love the adrenaline rush from these movies. Who wants to sit and cry for 2 hours watching a movie? Not me!! Bring on Marvel Comics movies!! Or any of the Saw movies!!!!! 

Growing up, the only girly thing I DID do was talk on the phone and go shopping. Loved them both. Now, I can't stand either one! HAHA! Although, I probably would love shopping if I had the money to do it with! HA!! Seriously, I have never been into the catty, backstabbing, gossipy bitchiness that girls and women are known for. I really prefer just chillin' with my friends catching up on our lives and intelligent conversation. 

 I'm not really a "girly girl". But I'm not a tom-boy either. I'm stuck somewhere in the middle and that suits me just fine. I'm just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment