Thursday, August 29, 2013

Summer Summer Summertime

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.  ~James Dent

I've always loved summertime in North Carolina. Growing up, it was my favorite time of year...and not because there was no school. It always seemed sort of magical to me. But maybe that's just what it feels like when you live out in the country. The hot, humid days. Blaring the car radio to your favorite tunes. The cookouts. The pesky mosquitoes and what's left of the butterflies from the spring. The wonderful smell of honeysuckle coming from the woods. The long days and the warm nights hanging out with your friends and your honey. 

Tonight as I was leaving the rehab facility that my Granny is staying at, I witnessed a beautiful sunset. Every summertime memory I have ever had in NC came flooding back to me at once in a wonderful nostalgic moment...as Guns N' Roses' Sweet Child o' Mine came on the radio. Man oh man, the memories of a childhood long forgotten crept up on me!!! Wonderful memories. I truly don't have any bad memories from my childhood. I'd love to be able to relive my youth again and experience one more time all the memories that flooded my mind tonight. 

Yes. Summertime is STILL a magical time of year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment