Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Time Flies: One Year Anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of my blog! Happy anniversary to my readers!! I appreciate your loyalty in my times of rambling and also in my lack of writing lately. 

If you will remember, I started writing one year ago tonight because I had just received word that my 95 year old Granny was in the hospital and the outcome was looking bleak. I live 12 hours away from family and I was uncertain if I would ever get to see my Granny again. And I just wanted a healthy way to get out all of my emotions. Here's a look at that very first blog.

I did see Granny again. In fact, I was back in NC with my family again within a few days and I spent nearly 2 weeks with Granny, willing her to get better. She hung on for me. She had several good milestones in her health. But she also had many downfalls and her health continued to decline. 

In the end, she stayed with us on this Earth for 4 more months. She passed away quietly in her sleep, surrounded by the love of all of her family on December 17, 2013. 

Admittedly, I stopped blogging after her death. Somehow, I seemed to lose the words and the inspiration to write again. Nothing seemed so important to write about anymore. I mean, Granny is the reason I started blogging to begin with. What's the point without her, right? Sometimes, I feel that way still. But, mostly I know that she would want me to find my voice again and continue on this blog journey to see where it continues to take me. 

So, here we go. Here's to another year...and here's to you, Granny. You're never too far from my thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment