Saturday, August 2, 2014

Life's Journey

"Life's a journey not a destination
And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings"~~~Aerosmith, 'Amazing'


"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."~~~Robert Frost, 'The Road Not Taken'

Yea. I totally just quoted an Aerosmith song AND Robert Frost...in ONE blog. Awesome, right??? Try not to be so jealous. ;-)

Over the past couple of weeks I have come to realize that life truly is a journey. Everyone's journey is different; but no less important than the next person. 

I have been through so much in the past 9 years. What I have learned is that each obstacle was truly meant to be and it brought me to this point in my life. Some of those obstacles, only a handful of people know about. I am still dealing with them and have not resolved them in my mind to properly accept them and move on. But, I'm getting there. I do wonder what they will lead to next in my life. Because, inevitably, whatever I choose to do, they WILL lead to something, whether it is positive or negative. Thus far, all of the obstacles I've overcome have had positive outcomes....obviously. I mean, I'm living the life I always wanted to live in Florida. And I am engaged to be married in December to a wonderful man. Despite all of the death and sickness and sadness that has been brought to me, I'm doing pretty well. 

As of yet, I don't know if "I took the road less traveled". I do know that I chose the road that was right for me. That's all any of us can ever do.



 Aerosmith - Amazing
I kept the right ones out
And let the wrong ones in
Had an angel of mercy to see me through all my sins
There were times in my life
When I was goin' insane
Tryin' to walk through
The pain
When I lost my grip
And I hit the floor
Yeah,I thought I could leave but couldn't get out the door
I was so sick and tired
Of livin' a lie
I was wishin that I
Would die

[Chorus:]
It's Amazing
With the blink of an eye you finally see the light
It's Amazing
When the moment arrives that you know you'll be alright
It's Amazing
And I'm sayin' a prayer for the desperate hearts tonight

That one last shot's a Permanent Vacation
And how high can you fly with broken wings?
Life's a journey not a destination
And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings

You have to learn to crawl
Before you learn to walk
But I just couldn't listen to all that righteous talk, oh yeah
I was out on the street,
Just tryin' to survive
Scratchin' to stay
Alive
[Chorus]

Desperate hearts, desperate hearts




Robert Frost - The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood 
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment