Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine's Day

I don't want you guys to get hung up on this day, whether or not you are in a romantic relationship. Love is love. You don't have to have a significant other in order to enjoy today. I know you're sitting there reading this thinking, "sure. That's easy for you to say. You're married!" But, I haven't always been! To me, Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love, period. Love for our family, friends, and anyone else special to us. If you don't have a significant other in your life, you still have plenty of love to give others in your life, I bet! Concentrate on that. Enjoy the love of your friends, your parents, your siblings, your children, aunts, uncles, etc. Volunteer at a homeless shelter, hospital, nursing home, or animal shelter and give them your love. And don't just do it today. Do it every day or as often as you can. Today, for me is just a reminder to not take those we love for granted. And, since it's the beginning of Lent, it's a great time to incorporate that into our lives on a regular basis. Tristen is working today and won't be home until nearly 10pm tonight. So our "Valentine's Day" will be Friday. We pretty much show our love for one another every day. So we don't need a specific day for it. If you are still feeling down in the dumps today(or any day, for that matter), please let me know. I'll do whatever I can do to try to talk you through it. Love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment