Saturday, April 19, 2014

D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

My husband, whom I have spoken of briefly in my blog entries, and I finally received a divorce this past February. We were married for 4 years and then we were separated for another 4 years. So, it wasn't a surprise. If I could have afforded it, we would have divorced about 4 years sooner than we actually did. 
In the beginning, a divorce was a daunting, scary idea. The end of a relationship. Permanently. No matter how much you want it and know it is for the best, you begin to question whether or not you did everything humanly possible to stay together. I know that I did. By the time I actually received the divorce, I was already in a loving relationship with someone else. The kind of relationship you hope for. I was actually excited to get the divorce. We didn't share kids or property. So it was pretty clear-cut. I went into the judges chambers alone as a married woman and I came out as divorced. 
For me, it wasn't a scarring painful experience. Maybe it's because so much time had passed. Or maybe it's because I'm the one that wanted it. He was not there. He couldn't be found. So, without him there, it was pretty simple to deal with. It was all over within 15 minutes. Afterwards, my boyfriend and I went to IHOP for breakfast to celebrate. How bad is that? HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment